I was an athletic child, but that faded very quickly when I discovered books. So when I was tagged "It" by my younger sister on her blog today I was less than amused until I realized there was no running involved and lots of reading! So here goes....page 56 of the book I picked up (one of my favorites that I read to Miss Haley B. often) and line 5 - 9?
"Well?" demanded the King again. "Do you or do you not take off your hat before your King?"
"Yes, indeed, Sire," answered Bartholomew, feeling greatly relieved. "I do take off my hat before my King."
"Then take it off this very instant," commanded the King more loudly than before.
"But, Sire, my hat is off," answered Bartholomew.
"Such impudence!" shouted the King, shaking an angry finger. "How dare you stand there and tell me your hat is off!"
"I don't like to say you are wrong, Sire" said Bartholomew very politely, "but you see my hat is off." And he showed the King the hat in his hand.
"If that is your hat in your hand," demanded the King, "what's that on your head?"
From The Five Hundred Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, by Dr. Seuss. My mother read this to me as a child and I have loved the story ever since. I've read it to any child that would sit still long enough, and some that wouldn't!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And I guessed it!! But then that did not surprise you one bit, I'm sure!
I can't believe I have not purchased this book yet after all these years. Out of site,out of mind I guess...
Post a Comment