I don't go to many banquets, thank the good Lord, but it seems they happen all at once. This weekend I attended two in a row! Lot's of sitting, yakking and eating but too many hours of the sitting.
I was saved from boredom at the office party by the presence of my most precious son. He gave up his Saturday night to escort me, what a marvelous boy I've raised (sound of arm breaking from patting myself on the back...I had help, lots of it!) The food was fairly good and I do see alot of the spouses of my co-workers that I only see once a year so all in all the party was a sucesss (don't ask my backside, it's still smarting from all the sitting).
The second banquet I attended was our church Christmas banquet, a nice party. The food was good and this time I had quite a few family members there to enjoy. I especially liked sitting with my son and his wife. Some other seats at our table were filled with not so wonderful people, but I digress. A very nice part of the celebration was the presence of my niece and two nephews flitting around being the social butterflies of the hour. The smallest nephew, however, was fighting a cold and spent a lot of time cuddled on laps (my own included) and eventually fell asleep on my shoulder. I enjoyed this banquet more also because of the theme...we celebrate the birth of Christ and the singing reflected our praise and worship of the newborn King.
At the end of the evening I was banqueted out and ready for some relaxing. I picked up the box of Sees ( a gift from our Pastor every year) and headed for home. The weather had turned especially cold so I went home to huddle under my blankets until the blasted alarm woke me this morning at 5:30. I woke up to the sound of pouring rain...what a way to start the new week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment