Friday, December 12, 2008

Hemming and Hawwing

Friday nights are usually relaxing after a long week. Sometimes Haley B. visits with me while her parents and elder brother have committments at church. We like to read and play games, but most of all we relax.

This week was especially busy so I was very happy to be home and relaxing. Then my son called and reminded me of my committment to hem his wife's dress they made for the Christmas banquet we're going to on Sunday. They dropped it off on their way to choir practice. So I spent the evening sitting in my big easy chair all right, but I was hemming the sleeves and very full skirt of the dress. It was all pinned and ready to hem so that made the job much easier as far as hemming went but very "sticky" for me. (Sara uses very large pins.) It's a very nice, soft, red dress and I'm sure it will look very nice. I don't mind doing hand sewing once in a while....I wouldn't like it for a job...but as a favor to my daughter-in-law who is very good to me, it's just fine. I'm happy to help. (Besides, my son has graciously offered to escort me to the office Christmas Dinner Dance at the Sheraton Hotel tomorrow night, it's the least I could do for him! ) Hopefully there will be some pictures taken of the two of them with Sara in the red dress to post later.

And the Hawwing part...well, hem and haw go together and I'm sure I made a "haw" sound a couple of times by yawning....so there you go.

No comments: