Monday, September 1, 2008

Fall Cleaning


Happy Labor Day one and all. I am spending the day laboring because I really don't labor very much on the other days. I'm speaking of housekeeping, of course, because I must labor at my job or they wouldn't keep me. Since I already relaxed yesterday due to a change in our regular Sunday Schedule I decided to spend today doing the things I'm always going to "get around to". The dust is flying but the vacuum is sucking it up. The spiders are skeedaddling for cover or else dying in the attempt. The laundry is piling up from the cleaning cloths that are getting used up. I even washed down the back of the house, windows, screens and all and watered the lawn while I was out there.

Lest you think I am overdoing it you should be aware that I have a very unigue work schedule...I work awhile and play awhile...then when I am rested from my labors I work some more and then I sit and play some more, all the while planning my next work session. This seems to work for me. I can get more accomplished than if I try to do it all at once. I set the laundry going which makes me think I'm still working while I'm playing Spider solitaire of some other mindless game on the computer.

While dusting I came across my Yankee Candles and it makes me realize that fall is just around the corner and soon I will be using them again. Now that is a thought that keeps me on the right track.

1 comment:

SheGazelle said...

You're gonna sleep great tonight! Not only from your hard work, but I know I seem to sleep better when my nightstand is tidy. :-)