Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm A Blooming Idiot!


For several months now I have been nursing a plant in my office. Let's just be clear here, I do not have a green thumb. Every plant I have ever owned has died within of week of being left in my care...a quick thirsty death. I have never been a plant lover...I mean I love the fruit of plants such as tomato vines and peach trees, but I have never aspired to being a grower or nurturer of botany of any sort.

For some reason, God only knows why, I decided to try to grow the little cyclamen plant I received as a token of appreciation for a job well done on "Administrative Assistant's Day". That was April 23, 2008. I will have you know that not only did the little plant survive it has grown to three times it's original size and has been repotted. That was amazing until I came to work this morning and found that the tiny bud I saw when I left here on Friday had blossomed into a full flower! I have proudly shown off my prize to anyone who would listen and look because I am more amazed than anyone that I managed to grow this lovely bloom. So now I am showing a replica of it to you so that you all can see how my efforts have been rewarded.

I know it's a small triumph, but at my age you take what you can get! :)

No comments: