This morning I pulled out of the driveway and heard a "flip, flip, flip" sound as I was pulling away from my house. Hmmmmm. Flat tire...or at least a very low one. Now, a few years ago this would have been a major set back to the start of my day. A hassel. A tribulation. But not today. At this point in my life I have been a card carrying member of AAA for many years and have a very trustworthy mechanic available to me. Older and wiser, that's me.
Not only did I not panic, feel frustrated or upset about the whole flat tire scenario...I actually thought...well ok...I get to go into work late this morning. :) I turned around and went back home, called AAA and waited for the nice man to remove the flat and install the spare. Then I tooled on over to my mechanic and had the tire repaired in no time "flat" (pun intended) for free! I purchased the tires there so they have a policy of free flat fixing....fabulous! I am out of pocket no money for this entire deal.
I arrived at my job to find a nice orange traffic cone reserving my favorite parking spot! Can you feel the love? I saw a co-worker (demoted used-to-be manager)walking in from the street where he had parked and as I drove closer I rolled down the window and politely asked him to remove the cone for me. What a day! I'm still smiling about that one.
Moral of this story...There are a few perks to living long enough to have the sense to take care of the small things before they mess up your day.
No comments:
Post a Comment