So I have this wonderful old piano that was given to Ryan when he was about 14 and we knew he was serious about music. It's an upright, heavy and one foot is broken so it's supported by some wood. There are a few hammers that don't work very well and the sustain is minimal...however, not a bad sound and would be great for a beginner because the price is right....FREE! As long as you can remove it from my house.
I've been thinking about how to "unload" this piano because my son has been out of the house almost 2 years and nobody plays it except the "lovelies" when they come over. They don't play it exactly, there is no actual music involved. It takes up room, gathers dust and is generally just a useless piece of furniture since I don't play. Also, I'm hoping to move in the near future and a piano is not something I want to take with me.
Friday I finally decided to post it for FREE on Craig's list. I had a response within two hours, but that didn't pan out. Then I had another one and guess what? They are piano restorers who restore old pianos and give them to people who can't afford them. How great is that???? They promised to call and make arrangements to pick it up today or tomorrow. I hope this works out because that would be one more problem solved.
Keeping my fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cool! If it works out, ask 'em if they have any piano-restoring friends in Fresno!
Karo, would you really part with your piano? You actually play it!
Yup! I'd like to get a small keyboard that doesn't take up so much room. Plus, I only play it well enough to torture the family; so no great loss. lol
Post a Comment