
While the title of this post could be an apt description of my life from time to time, it's really not about me.
I have embarked on a quest of sorts, to see how I fair at growing tomatoes. I just love tomatoes. In almost any form. Catsup is one of my least favorite forms while marinara sauces give me goose bumps I love them so much. But the best way of all that I can remember eating tomatoes was fresh from the field, ripe and still hot from the sun. Delish. When I was small (believe me there was a time in my life, I kid you not) we lived across the street from a huge tomato field and we were allowed to pick and eat as much as we wanted. I can't tell you how many tomatoes I devoured during that time. Then, as I grew older we always had a garden and Grandma had a garden so fresh tomatoes were a staple on our table for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I decided to try my luck and since I live in the city, in a small duplex with a postage stamp size yard, I decided to try the upside down tomato plant method or the Topsy Turvy planter as you see in the photo. Ryan helped me assemble it and hang it on a clothesline post in the back yard. And we're off! I hope it works out because I would love to have fresh tomatoes this summer!
1 comment:
Can't wait to see how it works out!
Post a Comment