
Sara had a Saturday off for a change so we decided to head down to a wonderful little cafe in Dana Point that was recommended to Ryan by a co-worker who lives there. It was a beautiful day, with bouts of sprinkles intermingled with sunshine as we headed down I-5. A great morning for a drive, a great morning for a family field trip!
We located the cafe on a one-way street in picturesque Dana Point which was a hoot because I, as a passenger, was getting out of the car in the street....weird. It was a great little place. We loved the ambiance and the food was good. But the best part for me was a very friendly French native waitress (probably part owner) of the cafe. What an interesting person. She really made our experience special and I for one will be happy to make that trip again to eat in her cafe.
We couldn't go back the way we came due to one-way Pacific Coast Highway at that point so while we were roaming around looking for the way to the I-5 we got to see a little bit of Dana Point, Laguna Niguel and San Juan Capistrano, a very nice scenic route back to the freeway. Some really gorgeous homes and estates overlooking the ocean. What a view!
We headed home to the melodious voice of Michael Buble and I believe a good time was had by all.
No comments:
Post a Comment