
The day dawned bright and beautiful...full of hope and excitement. I called my mother first thing to wish her a happy day and began to get ready for mine. "Dress nice," my son had said to me, "We're taking you to Catal for lunch. I have reservations for a room almost completely windows that looks out over Downtown Disney." (See photo above, that third floor room at the top!) Oh my....So, I got ready and got to church.
We had a lovely service, full of wonderful Mother's Day wishes and flowers. Each mother was asked to "weigh in" her purse as soon as we walked in. The prizes were given, eventually, to the lightest and the heaviest, with a few runner's up for the heaviest. What a cute idea! Our Pastor's wife seems to be a very resourceful woman. The platform of the church was decorated with a row of pink umbrellas, opened and resting on either side of two huge rose bouquets. The theme for mother's day seemed to be "let your love be an umbrella for your family to shelter under through life's storms". Our Pastor's wife was the speaker for the service and she did an awesome job of reminding mothers of their place in God's great plan. One thing she said that stuck with me was to watch what we say carefully because words are powerful...are your children running to you or away from you? Your words can make the difference.
After service my son drove me to the restaurant where we had a wonderful lunch. Endive salad with pecans and champagne vinagrette and beef & mushroom cannellonis for me. It was amazing. When I finally returned home I was full and my feet were killing me from walking all over in my "church" shoes. There I soon received a phone call from my dearest sister so that we could wish each other a happy day and compare notes of our mother's day events. We had a great conversation until she realized she must get ready for the evening service. A fine topper to an already wonderful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment