Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Too Much Water....


Second in the "Water" series is the saga of the defunct washing machine.

I was minding my own business doing the laundry as usual when I noticed a loud bang at the end of the cycle. Hmmm...what could that be? Doesn't sound good. I removed the clothes from the washer and put them in the dryer. I turned on the water again on the washing machine and it bounced up and hit me full in the face. Whoa! Quickly I hit the Off button and checked out the situation only to notice water all over the floor beside the washing machine...not good. The washing tub was loose and leaning forward allowing the water to hit the rim and bounce away from, not into, the tub. Great. I pulled out the washer and dryer and mopped water and dust (now mud) from under them for....well it seemed like hours to me.

I called my trusty "handyman" friend to come by and take a look. The upshot is...labor intensive, expensive parts = new machine with warranty a better option.

The only bright spot in this saga is that with the economy the way it is I should be able to get a good deal. That's my next step...shopping for the good deal. My thought is to replace the dryer at the same time if the deal is good enough...no sense going through this hassle again any time soon.

I spent Sunday afternoon at my son's house doing laundry. That was a nice switch. And he cooked a wonderful lunch for us. Win-Win!

No comments: