My 53rd birthday was on Saturday, March 7. I was sitting in my big recliner enjoying my cup of hot tea around 6:56am when my text message chime sounded. My oldest nephew was wishing me a happy birthday. Now, I don't know if it's the recliner I inherited from my father that does it, but I was sitting there doing something I would call "pulling a Dad"...I was singing to myself....Happy Birthday to Me....I'm 53....Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday....Happy Birthday to ME! Maybe it was the chair, or maybe it was the fact that in my family kids don't always make it to 53 and I was being very grateful for another birthday. Either way, my nephew got a kick out of it. :)
My family that live close to me gathered at my son's house for a big spaghetti dinner and we had a great time. I really enjoyed myself. Lots of good food and laughter, the kids all brought lovely presents for me to open and we had a very nice, relaxing visit. It's times like these when I remember how much my family means to me. For those of you who were not able to attend, thank you all for your kind wishes, text messages and e-cards. One very nice present....my nephew-in-law says he was able to reformat my hard drive and hopefully it will be reinstalled tonight! Yahooo! Happy Birthday to MEEEEEE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment