Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I've Recovered

I believe I have recovered from moving day. Thank goodness the day was overcast, but it was still hot and muggy the day we moved my son and daughter-in-law from the apartment to the new house. All the stressful waiting was finally over and the work began in earnest. We packed, cleaned and unpacked all day long until we were hot, dirty and tired. But the end result was fantastic! With a few minor mishaps we managed to get everything moved in and set up so that the place was not only livable, but very comfortable.

Last night I went over to continue helping with the unpacking and set up of the new house. I found a very happy couple busily doing laundry in the new laundry room, cooking dinner in the new kitchen and generally setting up housekeeping all over the place. I made myself useful. We had a great evening which ended early (I get up and the crack of dawn and they need their alone time, don't you know!) with a nice piece of pumpkin pie fresh from the oven. It just doesn't get much better than that.

Whew! Glad that huge job is behind us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds marvelous! Congrats to the happy new home owners! Send pictures today...don't delay. ;-)

A.L. said...

I'm working on it! :)

Anonymous said...

I will get you pictures as soon as I unpack the camera. LOL