Now, before you get all huffy on me and think this is a dieting blog let me tell you, it's not. I mean literally dodging the refrigerator.
My son and his wife purchased a new home which came with all new appliances. So the nice refrigerator that they already owned (the one that does keep ice cream solid and not soft serve) was available to me....free....gratis...from my loving kids. Wow! What a deal. Moving day came and with it the refrigerator appeared in my house and was moved into the spot of the old refrigerator. Thank goodness I had the forsight to move the old one out and clean under it the night before. That would have been embarrassing to say the least! The new refrigerator (only two years old)is black, but that's ok with me and it looks great with all my magnets on it.
Now I'm at the new house cleaning so my son calls and says...What are we doing with the old fridge? Just leave it there, I say, I'll take care of it later.
And there it sat, right in the middle of my kitchen for one whole week! I cleaned it out and kept it plugged in for the next person because it still works really well and everything seems to freeze just fine except ice cream and then you're ok if you like soft serve. But what to do with it. I tried the family...nobody needed a fridge. I tried the church...somebody was getting rid of one last week and they guy who finally took it has four plugged in his garage...so there I was. All week long dodging the refrigerator. Every time I wanted to get into the new fridge...there it was. Every time I did laundry the dryer door wouldn't open all the way without running into the fridge. In and out of the kitchen was around the fridge and back. What a pain!
On Thursday I suddenly remembered my friend Margarita. Now, you talk about a network...she's got one. She always knows somebody for whatever you need. I mean seriously...no matter what it is...she's knows a guy, or a gal, or a family. Well, I emailed her at 4pm and by 4:05 she had a taker for my refrigerator. A friend at work is getting married and they are counting their pennies. They would love my refrigerator. On Saturday they showed up and took it away! That's another story....but thank the good Lord it all worked out. A nice couple got a great fridge for free and I got rid of the mountain in my kitchen! I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment