Monday, August 18, 2008

Yummers!


Our ice cream shoppe adventure went very well. The drive was long, but since I was navigating I have only myself to blame...there was a shorter freeway we could have taken, but it was backed up so we opted to keep going. I believe it took us quite a bit out of our way, but who's to say we would have gotten there sooner on the backed up freeway? Anyway we eventually arrived and went in to see what was on offer.

Sweet corn Ice Cream! I kid you not. And, of course, it actually was ice cream with corn in it! We had to taste it because it was so unusual and I for one would not ever order it...I mean..vegetables and ice cream????? I ask you. That is just wrong!

The Green Apple Sorbet was delicious...I had pictured a lime green concoction, but instead it was minty green in color, light and very delicious. I ordered it and was very happy with my choice.

My son opted for an old faithful, peppermint, which was very good and he seemed completely satisfied with his choice.

My daughter-in-law chose the Rootbeer ice cream, which tasted very much like a rootbeer float (the crunchy parts where the ice cream freezes the rootbeer) very nice.

We would have loved to bring home a hand packed half gallon, but the drive was quite long and we felt the ice cream might not survive. Probably better for us calorie wise anyway...but all in all we had a good time. On the way home we took the shorter freeway and sure enough the traffic was backed up, but we were having a great time and the time went by quickly enough.

Would we go out to Fossleman's again? I think yes, if we were in the area and the weather was cooler so that we could bring home some of the good stuff. It's close to Pasadena and we do get out there from time to time, so...you never know.... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you all found flavors you liked. I just love "Foodie" adventures!