Monday, June 30, 2008

July Heats Up....


Summer...there is no doubt that it's here. The weather has been in the 90's here in Southern Cal. July is a hot month, and it really warms up for me in another way because both my son, my daughter-in-law and my very precious great-niece all have birthdays in July. Plus, with the a/c on most of the day the electric bill will not be good.

However, tomorrow is the first of July and the electric bill is paid up and two major birthday presents are out of the way. My daughter-in-law spent her lunch hour today buying my son a birthday suit from his mother...not the first one I've ever given him (no pun intended). Thank goodness I have her to shop for me since she knows exactly what he wants and what size to get. The shop he likes is close to her job which made it very nice and the suits are very affordable, always a plus. Also, she needed a new phone so I was able to help with that, a chocolate maroon...hmmm...whatever that is. Two presents taken care of and two young people extremely happy. That only leaves Haley B, a very easy person to please when it comes to birthdays, and her birthday falls at the very end of the month so I have time to prepare. I'm feeling good about July.

July 4th is coming up, a holiday for me (yahoo!) and my son and his wife have invited me to brunch at Mimi's on some tickets they won from a fund-raiser. That sounds very nice to me. Also I am invited to their home for dessert in the evening with the Kaplan clan. I'm looking forward to a very nice holiday.

July 12th is the actual birthday bash for my son and his wife. They have hired a taquero (taco bar with agua frescas included) and purchased a huge pinata. There are to be water balloons and lots of family. It will be a great picnic to celebrate the birthdays and we're praying for good weather. Maybe I'll have pictures to post!

Anyway, Happy July and stay cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that party sounds like it's gonna be a blast! I'd be there,if I were a rich (wo)man. Do be do be do be do be...
You guys have a great time!
Happy Birthday to the kiddos!