After my post of yesterday about my wonderful son being the best mother's day present ever my daughter-in-law emailed me, first of all to find out what aplomb means, and secondly with the question, "So, does that mean I am the second best mother's day gift you've ever received?" My answer was instant....of course! And I guess what follows is that when they have children they will be third and fourth and so on.The point is that she was right. I couldn't have asked for or even ordered a better daughter-in-law. She's thoughtful, kind, considerate of all my foibles (believe me there are many) and puts up with my old fogey ways without too much fuss. We have good times together even when my son is not around, and sometimes because he is not around. :) She's not afraid to contradict me and sometimes gets a real joy out of proving me wrong--all in good fun. She's witty and fun to be with, but most of all she loves my son with all her heart and it shows. She has become a very important part of my family and by now I think she knows it.
So here's to Sara! Equal time has been granted.
3 comments:
Indubitably! ;-)
Equal?!?!?!? I am #1 she deserves less space than me. LOL LOL j/k I love her too, but this is all getting a little too mushy for comfort. We should move to something a little less sweet; perhaps even cynical. That way we can save your faithful readers from the nausea that usually ensues after consentrated amounts of sugary intake. :) With that said, I love you, Mom!!!
I think they are both incredible. Simle and plan fact. Wish we got to see them more! :) Your a lucky women Sis.
Post a Comment