It seems impossible that tomorrow will be May. As I get older the days seem to race past me...well, not exactly race...it's more of a relay race with the hours between 7am and 3pm doing the turtle strut. But the rest of the time flies by as if on the wings of eagles. May is the last ditch effort at wonderful weather before summer takes it's toll. I despise the heat so I am hanging on to May for dear life.
May also brings Mother's Day, a day I have loved for 22 years. My son is a very thoughtful young man. He is always very good to me, but on Mother's Day he makes an extra effort to make me feel special. I'm sure he is aware that the best mother's day present I ever got was on July 2, 1985 at 1:50am, the day he was born. It was a record breaking hot and miserable July that year, but who noticed? Not me! I was in the air conditioned hospital saying hello to the love of my life. 22 years later he is happily married (I must have done something right) and still the most important person in my life. I am blessed to have a great daughter-in-law who is also very good to me. She puts up with all my inhibitions and idiosyncrasies with great aplomb. Bless her!
May brings those beautiful flowers that the April showers are supposed to bring and along with it allergy season...oh well...you can't have everything. Welcome May! Put on your finest array and let us enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment