Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hold on to your Hats!

Hold on to your hats, folks, we're in for a bumpy ride. This weekend my neice and nephew are leaving town for a much needed weekend away. Since her parents (and back up child minders) are having a few medical issues I have volunteered to help with the three children. If the grandparents are not feeling well I will have all three children for the entire weekend. Good thing I already read the Series of Unfortunate Events, huh? I am prepared!

I love the little tikes, and everything will go smoothly, I'm sure. I just feel tired ahead of time knowing that I have forfeited my weekend. Still, it's all in a good cause. And just think how happy the rug rats will be to see their long lost parents again and how much more they will appreciate them. I am very close to the little buggers on a regular basis so I'm sure we will have loads of fun....or laundry, one of the two!

On a final note, I am very happy to have the lovely children in my life. They are a joy to me and give me hours of pleasure with their antics and their love. And I get to read to them! This week Haley (6 years old) and I are reading Six by Seuss, some of Dr. Seuss's most famous stories. Tim and I are reading "The Clay Marble" and Jayden, well...he doesn't read yet, but I'm sure he'll sit with me for a short book.
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Caroline (Jane) said...

I'm sure you will have a great time and many funny stories to share about the happenings with us on Monday! Give em all a hug from A.K. Lucky kids...