Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Progress...

Another credit card account has disentigrated! There was a puff of smoke and small cry of pain and then...Nothing! It just disappeared into thin air. Yahoo! I believe the cry of pain I heard was the Bank of Wal-Mart in the throes of interest loss withdrawals. :)

While I am still an avid Wal-Mart customer (when it's in the budget) I am now a cash-only customer. Of course, I have been a cash-only customer since I began the Total Money Makeover, but now there is not a credit account hanging over my head to shadow my savings when I do my "necessities" shopping there.

In a few weeks I will be debt free except the car and then I am going to attack that debt with the gazelle intensity I have been using thus far on the other accounts. I can't wait until I am no longer dragging a payment around behind my little Nissan!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo!!!!!

SheGazelle said...

It's these type of small victories that I'm missing out on since I have no snowball.
Congratulations!

A.L. said...

Yes, but soon I'll need to borrow your piggy! :)

Anonymous said...

GO MOM!!!