One of my favorite experiences is to discover a new author that I enjoy. This is especially a treat if the author has a series of stories using the same characters and I can start at the beginning and follow the progress of the protagonist through many episodes and become so familiar with their lives that I feel as though I really know them.
There is only one hitch....it takes a very long time to write a book. As I come to the end of a series as it stands I realize I will have to wait for the author to write the next book in the series and wonder if there will be one! I don't begrudge the authors the time it takes to write the book...my goodness...I couldn't write one. But, as a result, I am usually waiting for the next installment on several authors' works. Since I am an avid reader the number has grown immensely over the years.
Every so often I browse Barnes and Noble.com to see who has a new book out and many times, to my happy surprise, there is a new book in the works for one of my favorite authors. Now I only have to wait for it to show up on the New Books section in my Public Library! While I don't need to buy books (I'm getting out of debt!) I don't mind $1.50 every so often which the price to rent a brand new book for a week.
So, I guess what it boils down to is...I'm a serial reader!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment