Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mechanical Miracles

Are you one of those people who know very little about cars? Well, I am. In my life I have depended on the good will of my Dad, my brother and my friends to help me with car repairs because I don't have a clue beyond oil changes and gas fill-ups.

I am fortunate at this point in my life to know a very reputable young man, a member of our congregation, who is a bonafide mechanic working for a major automobile repair chain. Not only that, he is very helpful in all automobile situations by offering sound advice and reasonable labor. My car runs beautifully under his mechanical attentions with regular oil changes, tire rotations and lately transmission flush service which brings me to my point.

Yesterday when the car needed a new cab filter and transmission flush service I walked right up and handed them the old debit card with no qualms as to where the money was coming from. This is all due to the proper management of money taught me by Mr. Dave Ramsey, author of The Total Money Makeover. 2 years ago I would have been scrambling to get the money or locating a credit card with the correct amount of chargeable options to take care of this routine service. Or worse, putting off the service because I didn't have the money. But, thanks to Dave, yesterday was a breeze. The money was where it was supposed to be in time to handle the service the car needed. It was a mechanical miracle in my book!

No comments: