Saturday, July 25, 2009

In the Dark....


Long time no post...nothing much to write about I guess...although I feel blessed and God has certainly been good to me.

The one freaky thing that happened was that an outlet in my house died on me this week. It happened to be the one my computer was plugged into so I've needed to rearrange my furniture a bit. Right now I have a temporary fix but at least I'm up and running again. Life is not so good without my computer. But like I said, it was freaky. I was home alone in the late evening with only a light on in the living room and the computer screen for company. It's been really hot so the a/c was still on. All of a sudden I was in the dark with the a/c still running! Partial power outage or somebody messing with me? I decided to be brave and went to the kitchen to turn on the light. Bingo! The light came on just fine. So I flipped all the breakers and everything went back to normal until the next day when it did it again. Only this time it was daylight so not quite so freaky.

Sort of reminds me of an old song we used to sing..."This old house is getting shaky, this old house is getting old...". I just hope it doesn't fall down around my ears until I'm ready to move. Now I'm temporarily set up on a card table on the other side of the room. It feels weird and the lighting is different, but it'll do.
At least I'm not in the dark anymore.

No comments: